Monday, November 3, 2008

Raw Mango Chutney (mamidikaya pachadi)


Ingredients:
  • Raw mango - 1 No.
  • Green Chillies - 3-4Nos.
  • Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp.
  • Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp
  • Dried red chillies
  • Asefotida
  • Salt
  • Turmeric

Preparation:

Peel the raw Mango and then grate it. Keep it aside.

Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, asefotida, and dried red chillies. Add green chillies to it in the end.

Grind the above mixture adding salt, turmeric and the grated mango to it.

Raw mango chutney tastes very good. If the mango is not so sour you can add nimma uppu (citric acid crystals). Chutney goes well with Rice and also with Dosas.

3 comments:

Arjun Somanchi said...

No....No...Not the same recipe again.... Please help me improve my culinary skills through some more, but new recipes, in your blog. I've finished cooking all. Even the cycle of my repeat items is getting smaller....boo hoo hoooooo!!!!!

Unknown said...

Why you've stopped blogging? We want you..

Mee vantalu bagunnayi, vaidehi garu. Marinni postulu wraayandi..

Arjun Somanchi said...

I am getting sick these days and quite frequently at that. I am so bored cooking the same recipes that monotony itself is making me sick. I dont want to eat the same stuff for one complete year... :-(